Re: Design / Implementation problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jorge Godoy
Subject Re: Design / Implementation problem
Date
List pgsql-general
"Filip Rembiałkowski" <plk.zuber@gmail.com> writes:

> hmmm. just a general notice:
>
> A customer loyalty program, which expires earned points, not to let
> the customer "win" anything valuable?
> If I were your client, I wouldn't be happy with this.

On the other hand, having the possibility is better than having nothing...
This is common to "force" the customer to buy more and more often.  You have
12 months to earn 3000 points.  If you have 2850 points, then you'll consider
buying thing to earn 150 more points to win something...  But if you don't
have any incentive, then why should you care buying something "now"?

This is very common with miles for flights.  If you fly often, you get
upgrades, discounts, etc.  If you don't, then you pay the fare as everybody
else.

--
Jorge Godoy      <jgodoy@gmail.com>