Re: BUG #3245: PANIC: failed to re-find shared lock object - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #3245: PANIC: failed to re-find shared lock object
Date
List pgsql-bugs
"Dorochevsky,Michel" <michel.dorochevsky@softcon.de> writes:
> Are you planning to provide a binary fix for 8.2.x?

I personally am not --- IIRC you are running on Windows, which I don't
even have a build environment for.  But you could pull REL8_2_STABLE
branch tip from the CVS server and build it for yourself, or get someone
else to do it for you.

As for when it will appear in an "official" release, I'd imagine the
next 8.2 update will be in a couple months.  I thought a bit about
whether we ought to force a release for this particular bug, but
couldn't really justify it -- the overhead of a release is enormous,
and seeing that nobody had hit this bug in the more-than-a-year since
8.1 was released, it's hard to argue that it's worth it.

I'm still not very sure why you're hitting the problem more often than
other people.  There might be some tweak you could make in your
application code to dodge the issue.

            regards, tom lane