Re: [pgsql-www] Collaboration Tool Proposal - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: [pgsql-www] Collaboration Tool Proposal
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> Email interface: it should not be beyond the wit of man to provide some level
> of email interface to any reasonable bug tracking system. Whether or not it is
> worth doing depends on the demand. Two obvious places for it would be 1) to
> allow initial logging of a bug via email, and 2) periodically run query 'foo'
> and email me the results. Getting a once a day digest of new bug reports might
> be quite nice in fact.

Actually none of these are quite the most important. I think the most
important aspect of the email interface is being able to submit additional
information on a bug.

I find it frustrating to receive an email saying "user foo said foo" and not
be able to hit reply to send a response. Instead I have to start a browser,
click a link in the email, log in with a username and password, ...

If something sends me an email it should expect me to respond in the same
medium.

--
greg