Re: A modest proposal: get rid of GUC's USERLIMIT variable category - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: A modest proposal: get rid of GUC's USERLIMIT variable category
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone.bigpanda.com> writes:

> > Would that mean I wouldn't be able to change the logging level on the fly at
> > all?
>
> I would think you'd still be able to do it through a security definer
> wrapper function owned by a superuser.

Oh yeah, well that would be sufficient for my purposes.

I must say I thought the behaviour of being able to raise but not lower
logging levels beyond what the system had set was pretty slick when I first
found out about it. But it's not the most important thing in the world, as
long as there's an escape hatch.

--
greg