Re: Please claim review items for commit fest! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gregory Stark
Subject Re: Please claim review items for commit fest!
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Dave Page" <dpage@pgadmin.org> writes:

> On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 11:44 AM, Marko Kreen <markokr@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The comments should go to wiki?  Not mailing list?
>
> It's a fine line (and slightly bendy line)  - but simple comments can
> go on the wiki, discussion should go to the list and be referenced
> from the wiki.
>
> For example, see the 'returned for feedback' section at the end of the
> last commit fest: http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/CommitFest:2008-05

It is a fine line, but I think anything about the substance of the patch
really ought to go to the list so other people get a chance to respond.

IMHO the wiki is best thought of as a kind of group "todo list". Notes about
the status of a patch and a bottom-line summary for future reference makes
sense to keep there. Something like "review found problems with memory
management" so we can reprioritize it without rereading the emails for every
item.

--  Gregory Stark EnterpriseDB          http://www.enterprisedb.com Ask me about EnterpriseDB's 24x7 Postgres support!