Re: cfbot is failing all tests on FreeBSD/Meson builds - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: cfbot is failing all tests on FreeBSD/Meson builds
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Tue, Jan 30, 2024 at 5:06 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> writes:
>>> Ahh, there is one: https://github.com/cpan-authors/IO-Tty/issues/38

>> Just for the archives' sake: I hit this today on a fresh install
>> of FreeBSD 14.0, which has pulled in p5-IO-Tty-1.18.  Annoying...

> FWIW here's what I did to downgrade:

Thanks for the recipe --- this worked for me, although I noticed
it insisted on installing perl5.34-5.34.3_3 alongside 5.36.
Doesn't seem to be a problem though --- the main perl installation
is still 5.36.

FWIW, I spent some time yesterday staring at IPC/Run.pm and
came to the (unsurprising) conclusion that there's little we can
do to work around the bug.  None of the moving parts are exposed
to callers.

Also, I'm not entirely convinced that the above-cited issue report is
complaining about the same thing that's biting us.  The reported error
messages are completely different.