Re: actualised funcs typmod patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: actualised funcs typmod patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

> I am sending actualised patch.

I've volunteered to review this patch, and before getting to read code
and documentation, then to test it, I have some more general question.

The idea to add support for typmods in function signatures came from the
need to have more than one anyelement at a time in a function, and Pavel
proposed that we spell that anyelement(0) and anyelement(1) e.g.

Is that how we want to solve it?

Now, whatever the answer to that is, I guess the patch still has
interest in itself for being able to have a function f(x numeric(10,4))
for example. Right?

Regards,
--
dim