UUID + RPM + 64 bit - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christopher Browne
Subject UUID + RPM + 64 bit
Date
List pgsql-general
A colleague pointed me to an issue that RPMs for 64 bit Linux (not
certain if this was oriented to CentOS/Fedora/RHEL) did not include the
uuid-ossp portion, and a client apparently is mighty keen on:
 a) Using stock packages, and
 b) Generating UUIDs on the DBMS side, and
 c) Using 64 bit Linux (again, some flavor 'resembling Red Hat')

This is probably a crummy bug-ish report, as I haven't quite enough
details about exact platform info.

I notice a bug report closed last month on this, so possibly this is
  https://public.commandprompt.com/issues/5121
related...
--
output = ("cbbrowne" "@" "ca.afilias.info")