Upcoming Attractions, web site - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Hal Snyder
Subject Upcoming Attractions, web site
Date
List pgsql-docs
Bruce, Marc, et al-

Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I think it might be nice to get this out on the web page in a prominent
> place until we release 6.5.  Seems like we should be talking up these
> features so people can get excited.

>> In February, we start beta on 6.5...

I have been working on some revisions for the main home page.
A preliminary version, including the 6.5 blurb, can be found at:
 http://www.postgresql.org/mainx.html

What do you think?

Notes:

- I deleted references to Vadim and Jan to make the item seem less less like a private communication intended for
insiders.No slight is intended here.

- The navigation bar is no longer a frame. I think Marc and I agree the old navigation-bar frame scheme should be
revised.I'd like it to have explanatory onMouseOvers, but this isn't there yet - I'm still trying out several things.
Changinghow the navigation bars work will affect most pages on the site, giving it a different feel.

Hal