Re: Disable copy function - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Andrew Gierth
Subject Re: Disable copy function
Date
List pgsql-admin

 prasanna> Hi Team
 prasanna> How do I disable copy option from database, i understand
 prasanna> usually this option will be available only for super user,
 prasanna> however we need to disable fully from DB.. please advice

Why?

Notice that the superuser has other ways to read and write files (for
example lo_import/lo_export, pg_read_file, using ALTER SYSTEM to
change the log directory and filename, loading a module to call the OS,
using file access functions in any untrusted language, etc. etc.)

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)