Re: ALTER TABLE ADD/DROP INHERITS - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: ALTER TABLE ADD/DROP INHERITS
Date
List pgsql-patches
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> > We should try very hard to avoid adding new reserved words, IMNSHO.
>
> *Especially* ones not sanctioned by the SQL spec.  Reserving a word that
> is not listed as reserved in the standard is really a spec violation,
> because it means that spec-conforming SQL commands may fail.

I expected that but I haven't seen any agreement on a replacement syntax. The
only other one proposed was:

ALTER TABLE foo ALTER INHERITS ADD|DROP bar

and it received no comments. Should I just assume that's the direction to go
if nobody objects?

--
greg