Re: [PERFORM] PGBOUNCER ISSUE PLEASE HELP(Slowing down the site) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jerry Sievers
Subject Re: [PERFORM] PGBOUNCER ISSUE PLEASE HELP(Slowing down the site)
Date
List pgsql-general
"Sheena, Prabhjot" <Prabhjot.Singh@classmates.com> writes:

> Hi Ken/ Will
>
>   I have checked the ulimit value and we are nowhere hitting the max
>   4096 that we have currently set. Is there any other explanation why
>   we should be thinking of bumping it to like ulimit -n 50000 ( Add
>   ulimit -n 50000 to the start of whatever you use to start pgbouncer
>   (init script, etc..)) even though we are not reaching 4096 max value

If I can assume you're running on linux, best you get limits readout
from...

/proc/$PID-of-bouncer-process/limits

Best not to trust that run time env of interactive shell is same as
where bouncer launched from.

FWIW

--
Jerry Sievers