Re: extensions in 9.1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: extensions in 9.1
Date
List pgsql-general
Seb <spluque@gmail.com> writes:
> I'm starting to migrate to 9.1 and see that there's a new mechanism to
> install extensions via de "CREATE EXTENSION" command.  It seems very
> simple and convenient, but with "CREATE EXTENSION tablefunc" I'm getting
> the error:

> ERROR:  function "normal_rand" already exists with same argument types

It sounds like you already have the old "unpackaged" version of that
module installed.  You need to do a one-time conversion to get from that
state to having the objects wrapped in an extension.  For the standard
contrib modules that's done with "CREATE EXTENSION ... FROM unpackaged".

            regards, tom lane