Re: Boolean variables... - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Boolean variables...
Date
List pgsql-novice
> Herbie McDuck wrote:
>> On the BOOLEAN issue, it seems that a majority of the 'MAJOR', high dollar
>> DBs. do not support the boolean datatype.
>>
>> Is PG supporting a depreciated feature or have the other DBs yet to catch
>> up?

> We aren't sure.  :-)

Sure we are.  SQL99 defines type boolean, SQL92 didn't.  AFAICT our
boolean type is exactly compatible with SQL99 (except that SQL99 offers
UNKNOWN as an alternate spelling of NULL::BOOLEAN, which we haven't
bothered to provide yet).

I wasn't actually planning to respond to such an obvious troll ...

            regards, tom lane