Re: Unavailability of Jar for connectivity in Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Unavailability of Jar for connectivity in Postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
On 7/5/19 5:35 AM, Abraham, Nikhil (COR), Vodafone Idea wrote:
> Dear Team,
>
> Good Wishes.
>
> We are planning to migrate one of our critical applications from Oracle
> to 11.1 Postgresql. The UI of the application calls lots of PL/SQL
> procedures. In order to have that calling facility there is a jar
> provided by the respective databases. Currently the ODBS-JDBC
> connectivity drivers are provided by Oracle in the form of jar. However
> connectivity from UI to call procedures in Postgresql is currently not
> possible in absence of such a driver. The reason being no jar is
> provided for such connectivity for version 11.1 Postgresql.

There is a JDBC driver for Postgres:

https://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/head/index.html

and it can call stored functions:

https://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/head/callproc.html

If this is not what you are looking for then can you be more specific
about your needs?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com