Re: Filesystem benchmarking for pg 8.3.3 server - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Henrik
Subject Re: Filesystem benchmarking for pg 8.3.3 server
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hi again all,

Just wanted to give you an update.

Talked to Dell tech support and they recommended using write-
through(!) caching in RAID10 configuration. Well, it didn't work and
got even worse performance.

Anyone have an estimated what a RAID10 on 4 15k SAS disks should
generate in random writes?

I'm really keen on trying Scotts suggestion on using the PERC/6 with
mirror sets only and then make the stripe with Linux SW raid.

Thanks for all the input! Much appreciated.

Cheers,
Henke