Re: BUG #10794: psql sometimes ignores .psqlrc - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #10794: psql sometimes ignores .psqlrc
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> * Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
>> In any case, I'm disinclined to mess with this in the back branches ...

> If we have a simple/clean patch to fix the "Ctrl-C ignored at password
> prompt", such that, instead, psql exits more-or-less immediately then
> I'd be for back-patching just that as it certainly has always felt like
> a wart or even a bug to me, but I agree that we don't want to introduce
> other behavior changes beyond that in back-branches.

That would be commit 9099e4afe.  I won't vote against back-patching if
people think it's unlikely that anyone is expecting the old behavior.

> While we're at it, we should fix the complaint about .psql_history being
> missing..  This isn't an error, imv:
> could not save history to file "/home/sfrost/.psql_history": No such file or directory

Eh?  I've not seen anything like that personally.  I seem to recall having
heard of it happening with broken readline or libedit versions, but we
don't have very much ability to work around bugs in those.

            regards, tom lane