Re: Spread checkpoint sync - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Spread checkpoint sync
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Back to the idea at hand - I proposed something a bit along these
> lines upthread, but my idea was to proactively perform the fsyncs on
> the relations that had gone the longest without a write, rather than
> the ones with the most dirty data.

Yeah.  What I meant to suggest, but evidently didn't explain well, was
to use that or something much like it as the rule for deciding *what* to
fsync next, but to use amount-of-unsynced-data-versus-threshold as the
method for deciding *when* to do the next fsync.