Re: emergency outage requiring database restart - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: emergency outage requiring database restart
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> *) I've now strongly correlated this routine with the damage.

Hmm.  Do you have any way to replace the non-core calls with something
else?  The "shexec('rm -f ' || _OutputFile)" bits could presumably be
converted to use contrib/adminpack's pg_file_unlink(), or an equivalent
one-liner in plperlu or plpythonu.  I don't know what the sqshf
incantation does, though.

This wouldn't be about fixing it so much as narrowing down where the
problem is.