Re: WIP -- renaming implicit sequences - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: WIP -- renaming implicit sequences
Date
Re: WIP -- renaming implicit sequences  (Thomas Munro <munro@ip9.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
Thomas Munro <munro@ip9.org> writes:
> Here is an unfinished patch to implement something which appears on
> the TODO list under ALTER: automatic renaming of sequences created
> with serial when the table and column names change.  I've often wanted
> this feature and it seemed like a good starter project.

Hmm ... this seems a bit inconsistent with the fact that we got rid of
automatic renaming of indexes a year or three back.  Won't renaming of
serials have all the same problems that caused us to give up on renaming