reuse data in existing data directory - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Schmidtke
Subject reuse data in existing data directory
Date
List pgsql-general
Dear PostGreSQL users,

I have the following problem. I have a system with several partitions
(openSuse Linux 11.1). Far what is important related to this question :

- 1 system partition (where postgres is installed)
- 1 data partition (where the postgres data directory is lying)

my system partition got messed up and I prefer to reformat and reinstall
the system without touching to the data partition. Thus I have to reinstall
postgresql, but I don't know if I would be able to recover my data. Is that
possible? How can I reintegrate all my ancient databases?

Thanks in advance.

--

Peter Schmidtke

PhD Student at the Molecular Modeling and Bioinformatics Group
Dep. Physical Chemistry
Faculty of Pharmacy
University of Barcelona