Re: How to move a 11.4 cluster to another Linux host, but empty? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: How to move a 11.4 cluster to another Linux host, but empty?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 5/2/20 8:02 AM, Paul Förster wrote:
> Hi Adrian,
>
>> On 02. May, 2020, at 16:59, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
>> 2) To create a new base/ you will need to initdb data/ and that is not possible as initdb will not work on a
populateddata/.

> you do the initdb and then copy the *.conf files from the tar over the newly created ones. After that, launch the
cluster.

Yeah I know, I do that on a fairly regular basis. The intent was to let
the OP know that ripping base/ out of cluster and transplanting a new
one in is not possible.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com