Re: Meaning of message in logfile - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Bob Smith
Subject Re: Meaning of message in logfile
Date
List pgsql-admin
The postmaster is being started "postmaster ... >>
/usr/local/pgsql/logfile 2>&1", and the messages are appearing in
/usr/local/pgsql/logfile.  They do not appear in the syslog.  I just
assumed it was Postgres doing this, but it must be a message the OS is
writing from the postmaster's process.  Sounds like I need the
assistance of an OS X expert, I'll try some OS X related discussion
groups.

Thanks for your help!

Bob Smith
Hammett & Edison, Inc.