Re: uuid patch 3.0 (8.3devel) - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: uuid patch 3.0 (8.3devel)
Date
List pgsql-patches
Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> On Sun, 2007-01-28 at 13:08 -0500, Kris Jurka wrote:
>> This fails on Solaris 9 buildfarm members kudu and dragonfly because they
>> do not support the "hh" scanf modifier using in UUID_FMTx.

> Hmmm. I suppose the easiest thing to do would be to rewrite the uuid
> parsing function to not depend on sscanf().

Is anything happening with that?  This code fails regression on my
primary development machine, and my annoyance level is rising rapidly.
I'll probably remove the uuid test from the schedule files as a
band-aid, if no fix is forthcoming soon.

            regards, tom lane