RE: Question about array_to_string()'s behavior and the behaviormight be changed in the future or not - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Egashira, Yusuke
Subject RE: Question about array_to_string()'s behavior and the behaviormight be changed in the future or not
Date
In response to Re: Question about array_to_string()'s behavior and the behavior might be changed in the future or not  (Andrew Gierth <andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk>)
List pgsql-general
Hi, Andrew

Thank you for immediate replying.
I'm relieved.

Regards.
--
Yusuke, Egashira

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Gierth [mailto:andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk]
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2019 3:56 PM
To: Egashira, Yusuke/江頭 勇佑 <egashira.yusuke@jp.fujitsu.com>
Cc: 'pgsql-general@postgresql.org' <pgsql-general@postgresql.org>
Subject: Re: Question about array_to_string()'s behavior and the behavior might be changed in the future or not

>>>>> "Egashira" == Egashira, Yusuke <egashira.yusuke@jp.fujitsu.com> writes:

 Egashira> Hi,
 Egashira> I have a question about array_to_string().

 Egashira> I think array_to_string() concatenates always array elements
 Egashira> from the "beginning" of the array elements and this rule will
 Egashira> not be changed on the future minor releases.

 Egashira> Is my understanding correct?

The order of elements in the original array will always be preserved in
the string output, yes.

 Egashira> For example, I understand that array_to_string() "never"
 Egashira> output like following result now and in the future, is my
 Egashira> understanding correct?

Yes.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)