Re: Docs refreshed - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Docs refreshed
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Also don't put them in the CVS tree. They're just wasting space since
> they're out of date and not really useful for developers.

> In the same spirit I'd suggest not including the html tars in the CVS tree
> either.

It's really pretty silly to have tar.gz files in the CVS tree.  I can
imagine what the underlying diff looks like every time they are updated
:-(.  And, since they are ultimately just derived files, I agree with
Peter that they shouldn't be in CVS at all.

They should, however, be in release tarballs.

> In the distribution I would like to have them *untarred* so users
> can browse them before/without installing.

Doesn't matter a whole lot; you can untar them yourself if you want
to do that.