Re: [GSoC 2019] Proposal: Develop Performance Farm Database andWebsite - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [GSoC 2019] Proposal: Develop Performance Farm Database andWebsite
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2019-03-29 13:04, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 9:10 AM Ila B. <ilaria.battiston@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am Ilaria Battiston, an aspiring GSoC student, and I would love to have a feedback on the first draft of my Google
Summerof Code proposal. The project is "Develop Performance Farm Database and Website”. You can find any other detail
inthe attached PDF file :)

> I think there's probably a very large amount of work to be done in
> this area.  Nobody is going to finish it in a summer.  Still, there's
> probably some useful things you could get done in a summer.  I think a
> lot will depend on finding a good mentor who is familiar with these
> areas (which I am not).  Has anyone expressed an interest?

Moreover, I have a feeling that have been hearing about work on a
performance farm for many years.  Perhaps it should be investigated what
became of that work and what the problems were getting it to a working
state.