Re: psql COPY with JDBC - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Christopher Condit
Subject Re: psql COPY with JDBC
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

Hi Dave-

Thanks for the patch.  Is it best to use the code base from this gz or should I attempt to apply the patch to the current code base?

Since the patch is so old, is there a preferred way to get at this functionality?

-Chris

From: Dave Cramer [mailto:pg@fastcrypt.com]
Sent: Monday, April 03, 2006 4:04 PM
To: Christopher Condit
Cc: pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [JDBC] psql COPY with JDBC

Yeah, there is a patch, this is rather old now but will do copy.

Dave

On 3-Apr-06, at 4:36 PM, Christopher Condit wrote:

Hi All-

I’ve been trying over at the general postgres list with no luck, so I thought I’d try here.  I need to bulk load results from a Java application on one machine to a postgres db on a remote server.  I know I can use psql interactively to accomplish this, but I’d like to be able to do it programmatically:

1)       Is there a better way to accomplish this than the above patch – with or without JDBC?

Thanks for your time!

Chris