Re: processor running queue - general rule of thumb? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Alan McKay
Subject Re: processor running queue - general rule of thumb?
Date
List pgsql-performance
> Like the other poster said, we likely don't have enough to tell you
> what's going on, but from what you've said here it sounds like you're
> mostly just CPU bound.  Assuming you're reading the output of vmstat
> and top and other tools like that.

Thanks.  I used 'sadc' from the sysstat RPM (part of the sar suite) to
collect data, and it does collect Vm and other data like that from top
and vmstat.

I did not see any irregular activity in those areas.

I realise I did not give you all enough details, which is why I worded
my question they way I did : "is there a general rule of thumb for
running queue"