Re: SQL function parse error ? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: SQL function parse error ?
Date
List pgsql-sql
Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> writes:
> ... I still
> would like to see answered is whether oracle or others support >$ as an
> operator, or if the sql spec has anything to say on the matter.

The SQL spec does not have the concept of user-definable operators at
all, so it provides no useful guidance about the set of characters that
ought to be allowed in operator names (except, obviously, that we must
include every character actually used in a SQL-standard operator).

Oracle reportedly treats $ as an identifier character, so I don't think
they could consider it an operator character.
        regards, tom lane