Re: [GENERAL] pg_upgrade 9.0 to 9.6 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: [GENERAL] pg_upgrade 9.0 to 9.6
Date
List pgsql-general
On 12/13/2016 1:57 AM, Mikhail wrote:
> Should i check all the production environments for the problems,
> mentioned in all interim versions release notes, is it enough only to
> check the last minor upgrade release note (9.6 --> 9.6.1) or there is
> another quick way to check if i should apply some additional actions
> to standard pg_upgrade+stats_collect?

if you're upgrading directly from 9.0.x to 9.6.1, I would only check the
release notes for 9.0.latest (and upgrade to that, following those notes
and any 9.0.x release newer than your current which are referenced in
hte 9.0.latest notes), then do the pg_upgrade directly to 9.6.1

now, there could be application compatibility issues going from 9.0 to
9.6, those would best be addressed by 9.1.0, 9.2.0, ... release notes as
9.6 will include all those functional changes.