Re: recent Gartner's publication

From: Bob Lunney
Subject: Re: recent Gartner's publication
Date: ,
List: pgsql-advocacy

Tree view

recent Gartner's publication  (Oleg Bartunov, )
 Re: recent Gartner's publication  (Bob Lunney, )
 Re: recent Gartner's publication  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
  Re: recent Gartner's publication  (Adrian Klaver, )
   Re: recent Gartner's publication  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
 Re: recent Gartner's publication  (Robert Haas, )
  Re: recent Gartner's publication  (Oleg Bartunov, )
   Re: recent Gartner's publication  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
 Re: recent Gartner's publication  (Josh Berkus, )
  Re: recent Gartner's publication  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
   Re: recent Gartner's publication  (Bruce Momjian, )
    Re: recent Gartner's publication  (Gabriele Bartolini, )
     Re: recent Gartner's publication  (, )
      Re: recent Gartner's publication  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
      Re: recent Gartner's publication  ("Gunnar \"Nick\" Bluth", )
     Re: recent Gartner's publication  (Bruce Momjian, )
      Re: recent Gartner's publication  (Joe Conway, )
 Re: recent Gartner's publication  (Josh Berkus, )
  Re: recent Gartner's publication  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
 Re: recent Gartner's publication  (Bob Lunney, )

It looks like Gartner took the easy way out and excluded open source
databases entirely.  Unless the is a company backing the "product", i.e.
someone to fill out their RFI, they couldn't be bothered to do full
research on the state of popular DBMS's.

I absolutely think the record should be set straight on who and how
features are developed for PostgreSQL.  Laziness is not an excuse for
incorrect attribution.

Regards,

Bob Lunney

Sent from my PDP11