Re: pgAdmin v4: The application server could not be contacted. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: pgAdmin v4: The application server could not be contacted.
Date
List pgsql-general
On 9/24/18 2:24 AM, Richard Nielsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to PostgresSQL and to this list! I have installed version 10
> 64-bit (on Windows 7) I also used stackbuilder to install the ODBC
> drivers. The SQL shell allows me to logon to the server as postgres but
> when starting pgAdmin I get: The application  server could not be
> contacted. This a fatal error of course..... Any hint, tips or "Oh man
> you should have...." etc will be greatly appreciated.

 From the mention of Stackbuilder I am going to assume you have
installed using the EDB installer. pgAdmin4 runs as a client/server app
where the server is a HTTP server that runs the application you then
connect to with a browser. From your error message it looks like the
server is either not running or it is running and the client(browser)
cannot find it. Not sure how this is setup on Windows. My suggestion
would to ask here:

https://postgresrocks.enterprisedb.com/t5/EDB-Postgres/bd-p/EDBPostgres

--
Adrian Klaver