Re: postgres_fdw: dead lock in a same transaction when postgres_fdw server is lookback - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Laurenz Albe
Subject Re: postgres_fdw: dead lock in a same transaction when postgres_fdw server is lookback
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 2022-10-01 at 04:02 +0000, Xiaoran Wang wrote:
> I created a postgers_fdw server lookback as the test does. Then run the following SQLs
>
> [create a foreign server via loopback and manipulate the same data locally and via foreign table]
>
> Then the transaction got stuck. Should the "lookback" server be disabled in the postgres_fdw?

It shouldn't; there are good use cases for that ("autonomous transactions").
AT most, some cautioning documentation could be added, but I am not convinced
that even that is necessary.

I'd say that this is a pretty obvious case of pilot error.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe