Re: Old Postgresql version on i7-1165g7 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Yura Sokolov
Subject Re: Old Postgresql version on i7-1165g7
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Yura Sokolov писал 2021-04-18 23:29:
> Tom Lane писал 2021-04-13 17:45:
>> Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> writes:

>>> This doesn't make much sense or help much, since 372728b doesn't
>>> actually
>>> change the catalogs, or any .c file.
>>
>> It could make sense if some part of the toolchain that was previously
>> used to generate postgres.bki doesn't work right on that machine.
>> Overall though I'd have thought that 372728b would increase not
>> decrease our toolchain footprint.  It also seems unlikely that a
>> recent Ubuntu release would contain toolchain bugs that we hadn't
>> already heard about.
>>
>>> You used make clean too, right ?
>>
>> Really, when bisecting, you need to use "make distclean" or even
>> "git clean -dfx" between steps, or you may get bogus results,
>> because our makefiles aren't that great about tracking dependencies,
>> especially when you move backwards in the history.

Yep, "git clean -dfx" did the job. "make distclean" didn't, btw.
I've had "src/backend/catalog/schemapg.h" file in source tree
generated with "make submake-generated-headers" on REL_13_0.
It were not shown with "git status", therefore I didn't notice its
existence. It were not deleted neither with "make distclean", nor with
"git clean -dx" I tried before. Only "git clean -dfx" deletes it.

Thank you for the suggestion, Tom. You've saved my sanity.

Regards,
Yura Sokolov.