Re: Feature matrix updates - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jonathan S. Katz
Subject Re: Feature matrix updates
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 7/25/22 6:23 PM, Morris de Oryx wrote:
> It would be helpful to mention BEGIN ATOMIC at or near the Procedural
> Languages section. Definitely my favorite server-side code change in PG 14:
>
> * Parse tree instead of raw text for errors-on-save rather than
> errors-on-run.
> * Dependency tracking!
>
> I only stumbled across the feature recently, doesn't seem to have been
> given a lot of fanfare.

*kicks self* I definitely missed that (or did not parse it carefully
enough) at the time of the PostgreSQL 14 release. That is definitely an
awesome feature.

I've added it to the feature matrix:

https://www.postgresql.org/about/featurematrix/detail/393/

Thanks,