Re: bdr replication - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Slava Bendersky
Subject Re: bdr replication
Date
List pgsql-general
In my case  only virtual hosts are use share storage (feed from glusterfs), but actual virtual machines have own separate disks and all  PostgreSQL run on separate data directories.

volga629

From: "John R Pierce" <pierce@hogranch.com>
To: "pgsql-general" <pgsql-general@postgresql.org>
Sent: Thursday, 31 March, 2016 00:34:55
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] bdr replication

On 3/30/2016 8:09 PM, Slava Bendersky wrote:
> Is any share storage technology recommended for PostgreSQL in  virtual
> environment ?
> Ok what I will do is going take backups, shutdown both virtual servers
> and place all vm use local disk on server only.

'share storage technology'...  um.    thats such a vague term, it can
mean lots of things.

each postgres instance needs its own data store, two instances can NOT
share the same files under any condition.     these data stores can be
on SAN or NAS, as long the storage is reliable about committed random
writes, and as long as two different servers aren't using the SAME
directory for their data stores.