Re: upgrading postgresql84 package from rhel-x86_64-server-5 repo - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Devrim Gündüz
Subject Re: upgrading postgresql84 package from rhel-x86_64-server-5 repo
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi,

Ahh, you are using Red Hat's packages. Community packages support postgresql84 naming scheme for RHEL 6. You may want to pester Red Hat for updated packages (i.e. Tom), or use ours (which is fully compatible with RH packages). Usually community pushes updates quicker.

I am sure you can replace rh packages with ours pretty easily.

Regards,

John Reeve <jreeve@pelagodesign.com> wrote:

Devrim,

Yes, I checked there. The problem is the package names don't match. I currently have a package named "postgresql84" installed. The postgresql.org repo has the "postgresql" package. Is it possible to upgrade "postgresql84" using the RPM from "postgresql" ?

Regards,

John