Re: YAML Was: CommitFest status/management - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Florian Weimer
Subject Re: YAML Was: CommitFest status/management
Date
List pgsql-hackers
* Alvaro Herrera:

> Florian Weimer escribió:
>> * Dimitri Fontaine:
>>
>> > Well we have JSON and agreed it was a good idea to have it. Now JSON is
>> > a subset of YAML and some would prefer another YAML style (me included).
>>
>> YAML is rather difficult to parse, and most parsers assume a trusted
>> document source because they support arbitrary class instantiations
>> (and it's not possible to switch this off, or it's rather involved to
>> do so).
>
> That's irrelevant because EXPLAIN YAML is already a trusted document
> source.

Uhm, really?  Do I have to expect code execution on the client when I
connect to a database?  I hope not.

--
Florian Weimer                <fweimer@bfk.de>
D-76133 Karlsruhe             fax: +49-721-96201-99