Re: Testing FusionIO - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Justin Pitts
Subject Re: Testing FusionIO
Date
List pgsql-performance
FusionIO is publicly claiming 24 years @ 5TB/day on the 80GB SLC device, which wear levels across 100GB of actual
installedcapacity.

http://community.fusionio.com/forums/p/34/258.aspx#258

Max drive performance would be about 41TB/day, which coincidently works out very close to the 3 year warranty they have
onthe devices.

FusionIO's claim _seems_ credible. I'd love to see some evidence to the contrary.

On Mar 17, 2010, at 9:18 AM, Brad Nicholson wrote:

> On Wed, 2010-03-17 at 09:11 -0400, Justin Pitts wrote:
>> On Mar 17, 2010, at 9:03 AM, Brad Nicholson wrote:
>>
>>> I've been hearing bad things from some folks about the quality of the
>>> FusionIO drives from a durability standpoint.
>>
>> Can you be more specific about that? Durability over what time frame? How many devices in the sample set? How did
FusionIOdeal with the issue?