Re: [HACKERS] Documentation improvements for partitioning - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Documentation improvements for partitioning
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2/23/17 8:36 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> We're 4 or 5 days away from the start of
> the last CommitFest.  We have time to fix bugs and improve
> documentation and maybe tweak things here and there, but 3 and 4 are
> significant development projects.  There isn't time to do that stuff
> right now and get it right.

It might be possible to provide some temporary work-arounds for some of
this, which would be nice. But I agree that there's definitely not
enough time to implement *good* solutions to even just automatic index
creation, let alone somehow handling uniqueness.
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)