Re: Ryu floating point output patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Ryu floating point output patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 2019-01-10 23:02:01 -0500, Chapman Flack wrote:
>> Does the project have an established view on non-ASCII names in
>> sources or docs?
>> AFAICS [1], the name of the algorithm may be Ryū.

> I think it'd be a really bad idea to start having non-ascii
> filenames, and I quite doubt that I'm alone in that.

Non-ASCII filenames seem right out.  I thought the question was
about whether we even want to have non-ASCII characters within
source code (my view: avoid if possible) or in docs (we do,
but it's better if you can make it into html entities).