Re: invalid search_path complaints - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: invalid search_path complaints
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> If you use ALTER ROLE/DATABASE SET to configure an invalid
> search_path, PostgreSQL 9.1 issues a complaint about the invalid
> setting on each new connection.  This is a behavior change relatively
> to previous releases, which did not.

I would say that's an improvement.  Do you think it isn't?

The real issue I think is not so much whether a warning appears, as
that prior releases actually installed the broken search_path value
as active, which seems worse than leaving the default in place.