Re: Wikipedia on Postgres (was Re: postgresql vs mysql) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chad Wagner
Subject Re: Wikipedia on Postgres (was Re: postgresql vs mysql)
Date
List pgsql-general
On 2/25/07, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> For the record, anyone using wikipgedia deserves the pain they
> get: it is deprecated. The latest version of MediaWiki itself is what
> should now be used: it will detect if you have Postgres upon
> installation. :)

Perhaps the project should be *gasp* deleted then? ;-) Or is there
actual historical information there that someone would be interested in?

As I said in my other mail, some folks are still using PHP4 -- which is why MediaWiki still maintains the 1.6 branch.  I am more than willing to contribute the most recent 1.6.10 codebase w/ PostgreSQL modifications to the foundry.  I am actively maintaining my own codebase for my site.

I agree with Greg, if you are already using PHP5 then use the MediaWiki distribution, but if your stuck on PHP4 like me then you really don't have a choice other than what is being offered on pgfoundry.  :)