Re: pgAdmin is freezing - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Nagaraj Raj
Subject Re: pgAdmin is freezing
Date
List pgadmin-support
Yes, its same for all objects in the database.

Thanks,
Rj

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Sunday, April 19, 2020, 8:01 PM, Khushboo Vashi <khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

Hi,

On Sat, Apr 18, 2020 at 1:41 AM Nagaraj Raj <nagaraj.sf@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hi,

pgAdmin is freezing for other activities when dropping any table or index if command is held because of any lock occurring. In this state unable to access any other objects like stats, SQL statements, descriptions or query tool for other objects. pgAdmin resume to start working fine after either releasing lock or killed the process in the server.
Is it a bug or its know behavior of pgAdmin?

If a particular table/index is locked and you are trying to fetch the details for the same object then I think this is the expected behaviour but at the same time if you can not access the details of the other database objects then it's a bug.

Thanks,
Khushboo
Currently, I'm using the latest version pgAdmin 4 v4.20.

Thanks,
Rj