Re: pgAdmin4 behind HTTPs - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Stefan Tzeggai
Subject Re: pgAdmin4 behind HTTPs
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi

Am 21.11.2017 um 21:09 schrieb Dave Page:

>> On 21 Nov 2017, at 20:06, Stefan Tzeggai <tzeggai@empirica-systeme.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> I installed pgAdmin4 2.0 in SERVER-Mode. It listens on Port 5050 by default.
>>
>> Now I configured Apache2 to proxy external https access to localhost:5050
>>
>>> ProxyPass         / http://localhost:5050/   timeout=600
>>> ProxyPassReverse  / http://localhost:5050/   timeout=600
>>
>> The proxying works, but after some cliks, e.g. after the login, pgAdmin4
>> changes the URL to HTTP without SSL. Hich of course results in an error:
>>
>>> Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
>>> Reason: You're speaking plain HTTP to an SSL-enabled server port.
>>> Instead use the HTTPS scheme to access this URL, please.
>>

>> So my question: Is there a way to tell pgAdmin4 that it has an external
>> URL using https ?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Steve
>>

> Can you pinpoint what clicks cause this? I haven’t seen the problem and have a server running this way.

Actually it starts with the login. I have the HTTPS running on this port
554. I click the following links:

https://alfonx.dyndns-ip.com:554/loginOR
https://alfonx.dyndns-ip.com:554/login?next=%2Fbrowser%2F

Bith both links I get the login page, but after I logged in I end up at:

http://alfonx.dyndns-ip.com:554/  <- NO HTTPS anymore :-(

Greetings
Steve

--
empirica-systeme GmbH
Stefan Tzeggai

"Wer nichts zu verbergen hat, braucht auch keine Hose!"