Re: Npsql is much faster than ODBC ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rainer Bauer
Subject Re: Npsql is much faster than ODBC ?
Date
Re: Npsql is much faster than ODBC ?  ("Andrej Ricnik-Bay" <andrej.groups@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
"Joshua D. Drake" wrote:

>> psqlodbc is licenced under LGPL, but ODBCng uses the GPL.
>>
>> That means that commercial software cannot use the ODBCng driver. Are
>> there any plans to release it under LGPL licence?
>
>The only time this would be an issue is if you tried to embed the
>driver. Other than that, you are more than welcome to use closed source
>software against the ODBCng driver.

That's nice to hear. But I respect licences as they are and the ODBCng driver
is licenced under the GPL.

So is this an _official_ statement from CommandPrompt that the driver can be
used in commercial applications? If so then either this should be stated on
the drivers' page (or the licence should be changed to LGPL).

Rainer