Re: [HACKERS] Status report: long-query-string changes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Status report: long-query-string changes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Leon <leon@udmnet.ru> writes:
> There are more size restrictions there. I noticed (by simply eyeing the
> lexer source, without testing) that in case of flex lexer
> (FLEX_LEXER being defined in scan.c) lexer can't
> swallow big queries. You (Tom and Michael) aren't using flex,
> are you?

Huh?  flex is the only lexer that works with the Postgres .l files,
as far as I know.  Certainly it's what I'm using.

If you're looking at the "literal" buffer, that would need to be made
expansible, but there's not much point until flex's internal stuff is
fixed.