ODBC in W2K using 16-bit apps - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From RUSS BARTOLI
Subject ODBC in W2K using 16-bit apps
Date
List pgsql-odbc
I have not been successful in connecting to existing DBF files (tables) via
ODBC
after migrating (at work not at home, thank God!) to W2K from W95.
The program is Lotus 1-2-3 R5 (a 16-bit application).

The DB4 driver is showing up fine when I select
Tools | Database | Connect to External (or via the classic menu /DEU).

I have manually edited my ODBC.INI file to include the same DB4 sources
(with updated paths) as on the M95 computer. The LOTUS.BCF files are
identical. The LODBF04.DLL driver file is on both computers.

Under W9x, all DB4 file names show up when you edit the path during menu
execution. Under W2K they do not show up, nor can they be entered.
There is obviously another manual step that must be taken.

Under the ODBC manager I don't see a way to add the 16bit DB4 driver. I
think this needs to be surmounted before I can have use of the driver.

I have posted this problem under the Lotus 1-2-3 discussion group but I
doubt I'll get a response.
I think the problem involves the W2K registry and I may need to tweak
something there directly.

Thanks for any expertise any of you can provide.