Re: Having trouble restoring our backups - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bryan Murphy
Subject Re: Having trouble restoring our backups
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 10:48 AM, Alan Hodgson <ahodgson@simkin.ca> wrote:
On Friday 12 June 2009, Bryan Murphy <bmurphy1976@gmail.com> wrote:
> What am I doing wrong?  FYI, we're running 8.3.7.

See the documentation on PITR backups for how to do this correctly.

I've read through the PITR documentation many times.  I do not see anything that sheds light on what I'm doing wrong, and I've restored older backups successfully many times in the past few months using this technique.  I have no explanation for why all of a sudden my last few backups are not restoring properly and we've not changed anything on our database setup recently.

I'm currently creating a full backup of our primary database and will build a second warm spare with that, but the additional pressure this puts on our system is not acceptable as a long term backup solution.

Bryan